A world of reasons to join AGU!
AGU Membership Provides a Wealth of Professional Resources, News, and Knowledge
- Free access to a special AGU Millennium Edition of GeofacetsTM, featuring more than 65,000 maps published in AGU journals after 2000.
- AGU’s Earth and space science news site Eos.org and the print magazine Eos keep you up to date with the latest news, research, features, opinions, project updates, and trends across the fields of science that AGU represents. Eos.org strives to present authoritative and accessible content at the speed of the Web. It is free of charge as part of AGU’s mission to connect and serve the worldwide Earth and space science community. The full color magazine Eos is distributed twice a month on the 1st and 15th to U.S. members and to international members upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is also available as an easy-to-download PDF on the Eos.org website.
- Significant discounts on subscriptions to AGU’s peer-reviewed journals and the AGU Digital Library, containing more than 100 years of research from AGU’s preeminent journals.
- A 35% discount on AGU books and special publications.
- Special member registration rates for AGU meetings. These well-attended events are a great way to network and connect with your colleagues from around the world.
- A subscription to Physics Today for special member rate (discounted from the current rate of $35).
- Free selection of e-books rotating on a quarterly basis.
Get Involved with AGU
- Author an article in one of AGU’s publications.
- Become a presenter at one of AGU’s dynamic meetings, which cater to AGU members, interested scientists, the media, and the general public.
- Get recognized! AGU members are exclusively eligible to receive Fellow Awards and Medals for outstanding contributions to the advancement of the geophysical sciences.
- Choose from dozens of AGU Sections and Focus Groups tailored to suit your specific science interests.
Affiliations to Help You Save
- NEW! AGU has partnered with American Journal Experts to provide AGU members with a 20% discount on all author services, learn more!
- NASA Federal Credit Union membership. With NASA FCU, you and your family will save more when you borrow and earn more when you save. Take advantage of exceptional service, great rates, an extensive line of financial solutions, and fast loan approvals.
- As a current American Geophysical Union member, you have access to the APSIT Group Insurance Program. Your participation in this program allows you the opportunity to take advantage of several coverages featuring substantial cost savings and valuable benefits. APSIT negotiates rates and coverages specifically with active AGU members in mind.Available coverages include:
Learn more about the insurance protection available to you through your AGU membership by visiting apsitinsurance.com.
Contact the APSIT Administrator today for more information!
1200 E. Glen Avenue
Peoria Heights, IL 61616-5348
800.272.1637 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
Join AGU today and become a part of the fastest-growing platform dedicated to the advancement of geophysics. With nearly 60,000 members from 139 countries, AGU advances the Earth and space sciences by catalyzing and supporting the efforts of individual scientists across the globe.