Style is not an art form, but a science! Show off your awesome graphic design talents by creating a one-of-a-kind T-shirt with an Earth or space theme. The winning design will appear on T-shirts sold at Fall Meeting and proceeds will be donated to the Student Travel Grant Fund. If your clever, funny or stylish design is the winner, you will receive free registration to the 2013 AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco, California!
- Open to AGU student members. (Renew or become a member for only $20!)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must agree to and sign the contest terms and conditions on entry form.
T-shirt Design Requirements
- Designs must relate to the geophysical sciences.
- Digital entries only. High-resolution images in .eps format are preferred. We will also accept vector art entries in .ai format.
- All fonts must be converted to curves. There should be no embedded bitmap images (jpg, tif, bmp). Colors should be spot with no half-tones.
- The design must have a transparent background, allowing for printing on T-shirts.
- The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work.
- Use the following file name convention when uploading your design: tshirtdesign_YOURLASTNAME_YOURFIRSTNAME.(file extension) e.g. tshirtdesign_Potter_Harry.eps
- Fill out and save the contest entry form. AGU Student T-Shirt Contest Entry Form
- Submit design by uploading to AGU’s FTP account along with contest entry form. NOTE: If using a PC, you must use Internet Explorer. A Mac should automatically open the site when you click on the above link. User Name: studentcontest. No password. Follow the directions at the top of the screen.
- Only submissions with both the design and the contest entry form will be considered complete.
- All entrants must sign and agree to the copyright transfer included on the entry form. AGU may use your design in future pamphlets, brochures, and informational booklets; at meetings, lectures, and workshops; in public presentations during meetings and other events; in promotional and educational videos; and on websites maintained by AGU.
Selection of Winners
- After closing date for submissions (30 June), AGU Science Department staff will review and select up to five finalists for the T-shirt competition.
- T-shirt designs will be uploaded to an album on AGU’s Facebook page. The design with the most “Likes” at 23:59 on 4 August will be chosen as the winner.
- Winner will be notified by 7 August.
Questions? Contact Matt Noreika at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timeline: 2013 Student T-shirt Design Contest
|1 May||Contest open for submissions|
|30 June||Submission deadline|
|5 July||Semi-Finalists published on Facebook for judging|
|4 August||Deadline for voting|
|7 August||Announcement of winner|