Style is not an art form, but a science! Show off your awesome graphic design talents by creating a one-of-a-kind T-shirt with an Earth or space theme. The winning design will appear on T-shirts sold at Fall Meeting and proceeds will be donated to the Student Travel Grant Fund. If your clever, funny or stylish design is the winner, you will also receive free registration to the 2014 AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco, California!
- AGU student member (Renew or become a member for only $20!)
- 18 years of age or older
- Must agree to the contest terms and conditions on the submission form
T-shirt Design Requirements
- Designs must relate to the geophysical sciences
- Digital entries only
- The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work.
- Use the following file name convention when uploading your design: tshirtdesign_YourLastName_YourFirstName.(file extension) e.g. tshirtdesign_Potter_Harry.eps
- Fill out and save the contest entry form. T-Shirt Contest Submission Form 2014
- All entrants must electronically sign and agree to the copyright transfer included on the entry form. AGU may use your design in future pamphlets, brochures, and informational booklets; at meetings, lectures, and workshops; in public presentations during meetings and other events; in promotional and educational videos; and on websites maintained by AGU.
Selection of Winners
- After closing date for submissions (2 September), up to five finalists will be selected for the T-shirt competition
- T-shirt design finalists will be uploaded to an album on AGU’s Facebook page. The design with the most “Likes” at 23:59 on 19 September will be chosen as the winner.
- Winner will be notified by 22 September
Questions? Contact Monil Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timeline: 2014 Student T-shirt Design Contest
|10 June||Contest open for submissions|
|2 September||Submission deadline|
|5 September||Semi-Finalists published on Facebook for judging|
|19 September||Deadline for voting|
|22 September||Announcement of winner|