A world of reasons to join AGU!
AGU members make up the largest single organization dedicated to the advancement of geophysics. Uniting Earth, atmospheric, oceanic, hydrologic, space, and planetary scientists, AGU provides a dynamic forum for the geophysical community through top-ranked scientific journals, world-renowned meetings and conferences, news and political updates, and scientific and technical committees.
AGU Membership Provides a Wealth of Professional Resources
- Online access to Eos, AGU’s weekly news service for the geophysical community. Each issue of Eos delivers refereed articles on current research, news, political views, employment opportunities, meetings programs and reports, announcements of grants and fellowships, and upcoming AGU activities.
- Significant discounts on AGU’s peer-reviewed journals. AGU members may create personal content packages to suit individual interests.
- Subscriber access to AGU’s expanding digital library, which holds nearly 100 years of Earth and space sciences research from AGU’s preeminent journals.
- A 30% discount on all AGU books and special publications.
- A subscription to Physics Today, published by the American Institute of Physics, in addition to other benefits and services offered to AIP Member Society members.
- Discounted registration rates for AGU meetings. These well-attended events are a great way to network and connect with your colleagues from around the world.
New in 2013!
Through AGU’s publishing partnership with Wiley-Blackwell, AGU members will receive additional benefits including:
- 25% discount on Wiley books
- One year free access to WIREs Climate Change
- Discounted subscription rates for relevant journals published by Wiley-Blackwell
- Free selection of e-books rotating on a quarterly basis
Get Involved with AGU
- Get recognized! AGU members are exclusively eligible to receive Fellow Awards and Medals for outstanding contributions to the advancement of the geophysical sciences.
- Choose from dozens of AGU Sections and Focus Groups tailored to suit your specific science interests.
- Become a presenter at one of AGU’s dynamic meetings, which cater to AGU members, interested scientists, the media, and the general public.
Affiliations to Help You Save!
- NASA Federal Credit Union membership. With NASA FCU, you and your family will save more when you borrow and earn more when you save. Take advantage of exceptional service, great rates, an extensive line of financial solutions, and fast loan approvals.
- Members are automatically eligible to participate in the American Physical Society Insurance Trust(APSIT) plan. For more information visit American Physical Society Insurance Trust, or for a price quote contact the plan administrator, Herbert V. Friedman, Inc., by e-mail email@example.com. The following plans are offered:
- Term Life
- 10 Year Level Term
- Disability Income
- Personal Accident
- Hospital Indemnity
- Long Term Care
- Catastrophe Major Medical
JOIN NOW and become a part of the fastest-growing platform dedicated to the advancement of geophysics. With over 61,000 members from 146 countries, AGU advances the Earth and space sciences by catalyzing and supporting the efforts of individual scientists across the globe. Start your AGU experience now by checking out our Career Center, which connects experienced job seekers with interested recruiters.